- William Webber and Douglas W. Oard, Metrics in Predictive Coding,
submitted to Perspectives on Predictive Coding and Other Advanced
Search Technologies for the E-Discovery Practitioner (working
title), ABA, to appear in 2015.
- Ning Gao, Douglas W. Oard and Mark Dredze, A Test Collection for
Email Entity Linking". NIPS Workshop on Automated Knowledge Base
Construction, Montreal, Canada, 2014.
- Jiaul H. Paik and Douglas W. Oard, "A Fixed-Point Method for
Weighting Terms in Verbose Informational Queries," ACM
International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management,
Shanghai, China, 2014.
- Heejung Byun and David A. Kirsch "Organizational Timing Norms:
Evidence from Email Time-to-Responses," in Workshop on the Micro
Foundations of Social Networks and the Implications for Strategy
and Entrepreneurship Research, Copenhagen Business School,
- Jyothi K. Vinjumur, Douglas W. Oard and Jiaul H. Paik, "Assessing
the Reliability and Reusability of an E-Discovery Privilege
Test Collection," in 37th Annual International ACM-SIGIR
Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval,
- Rajiv Jain, Douglas W. Oard and David Doermann, "Scalable Ranked
Re- trieval Using Document Images," in 21st SPIE Document
Recognition and Retrieval Conference, 2014. (Best Student Paper
- Ning Gao, William Webber and Douglas W. Oard, "Reducing Reliance
on Relevance Judgments for System Comparison by Using
Expectation- Maximization," in Proceedings of the of the 36th
European Conference on Information Retrieval, 2014.
- Mossaab Bagdouri, William Webber, David D. Lewis and Douglas
W. Oard, Towards Minimizing the Annotation Cost of Certified Text
Classification, CIKM 2013.
- Falk Scholer, Diane Kelly, Hanseul S. Lee, Wan-ching Wu,
and William Webber, "The Effect of Threshold Priming
and Need for Cognition on Relevance Assessment",
- William Webber, Mossaab Bagdouri, David D. Lewis,
and Douglas W. Oard, "Sequential Testing in Classifier
Evaluation Yields Biased Estimates of Effectiveness",
- Praveen Chandar, William Webber, and Ben Carterette,
"Document Features Predicting Assessor Disagreement",
- William Webber and Jeremy Pickens, "Assessor
Disagreement and Text Classifier Accuracy",
- Xianzhi Du, Wael Abd-Almageed, and David Doermann,
Large-scale Signature Matching using Multi-Stage Hashing,
- Jayant Kumar and David Doermann, Unsupervised
Classification of Structurally Similar Document
Images, ICDAR 2013.
- Douglas W. Oard and William Webber, Information
for E-Discovery, Foundations and Trends in
Information Retrieval, Foundations and Trends
in Information Retrieval, Volume 7, Issues 2--3
(June, 2013), pages 99--237
- William Webber, Approximate
Recall Confidence Intervals, ACM Transactions on
Information Systems, Volume 31, Issue 1 (January, 2013),
pages 2:1--33 (arXiv
- Bench-Capon, T, Araskiewicz, M., Ashley, K., Atkinson, K., Bex, F., Borges, F., Bourcier, D., Bourgine, P., Conrad, J. G., Francesconi, E., Gordon, T. F., Governatori, G., Leidner, J. L., Lewis, D. D., Loui, R. P., McCarty, J. L., Prakken, H., Schilder, F., Schweighofer, E., Thompson, P., Tyrell, A., Verheij, B, Walson, D. N., Wyner, A. Z. A History of AI and Law in 50 papers: 25 Years of the International Conference on AI and Law. Artificial Intelligence and Law, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 215-319, September 2012.
- Maura R. Grossman and Gordon V. Cormack,
Efficient E-Discovery, ABA Journal,
April 2012, page 31.
- William Webber, Praveen Chandar, and Ben Carterette,
Alternative Assessor Disagreement and Retrieval Depth, CIKM 2012.
- Jayant Kumar, Peng Ye, and David Doermann,
Learning Document Structure for Retrieval and
Classification, ICPR 2012.
- William Webber, Bryan Toth, and Marjorie Desamito,
Effect of Written Instructions on Assessor Agreement, SIGIR 2012.
- Rajiv Jain and David S. Doermann,
Retrieval in Document Images, IAPR 2012.
- Jayant Kumar, Jaishanker Pillai, and David Doermann,
http://lampsrv02.umiacs.umd.edu/pubs/Papers/jayantkumar-11c/jayantkumar-11c.pdfDocument Image Classification and Labeling
using Multiple Instance Learning, ICDAR 2011.
- Maura R. Grossman and Gordon V. Cormack, Inconsistent
Assessment of Responsiveness in E-Discovery: Difference of
Opinion or Human Error?, DESI IV, Pittsburgh, USA,
- William Webber, Re-examining
the Effectiveness of Manual Review, SIGIR Information
Retrieval for E-Discovery Workshop, Beijing, China, July
- Maura R. Grossman and Gordon V. Cormack, Technology-Assisted
Review in E-Discovery can be More Effecive and More Efficient
than Exhaustive Manual Review, Richmond J. of Law and
Technology, XVII(3), 2011.
- Gordon V. Cormack, Maura R. Grossman, Bruce Hedin, and
Douglas W. Oard, Overview
of the TREC 2010 Legal Track, NIST Special Publication
SP 500-294, 2011.
- William Webber, Douglas W. Oard, Falk Scholer, and Bruce Hedin, Assessor Error in Stratified Evaluation, CIKM, Toronto, Canada,